Howdy guys! Still, you might be using Windows 7 because you won’t like the Windows Tile design, Microsoft introduced the Metro design (Tile) first ever in the Windows 8. Now Microsoft has been added this Metro style to Windows 10, its looks great, but not all users like this Tile concept, so that’s why lot’s of Windows operating system user still using the Window 7, if you’re also still using Windows 7 from a long time then you probably got the issue called at startup OS Windows “This Copy of Windows is Not Genuine” and this error always makes you frustrated and distributed while you are busy with your work or playing game since as Windows 7 is most popular and legendary Operating System of Microsoft.
Every time you boot your PC you always get the same error message while booting into Windows 7. This error is annoying the users and its common in Microsoft Windows Vista and Windows 7 Ultimate. “This copy of windows is not genuine” is common in the Windows 7 build 7601 and only occurs if your Windows 7 is not genuine, it doesn’t matter if your Windows is activated, this error always occurs till your Windows 7 is not genuine and returned the blue Genuine badge in System properties.
So here today I’m gonna share some methods to fix this error and give you- this copy of windows is not genuine 7601 permanent fix, which helps you to definitely to fix this error and make your Windows 7 genuine, and I’m pretty sure after this you’ll never see “this copy of windows is not genuine build 7601” error.
Table of Contents
- 1 Does this error make any changes on your PC?
- 2 Ways to fix This Copy of Windows is not Genuine Error
- 3 How To Prevent this error to occur again in future?
- 4 Conclusion
Does this error make any changes on your PC?
This copy of windows is not genuine error will not create any big problem for you but it will be restricted some features on your Windows that you’ll no longer to use them. This error occurs when your Windows is not genuine so and it makes some changes in your Windows environment like these:
- The background wallpaper of your Windows will be gone and set to black color
- You’ll not able to change theme in the Personalization
- The Windows bootup time will increase and you PC took extra second to start than usual
- Your Manufacture OEM will not show in the System Properties
- You’ll see a message that says “this copy of windows is not genuine build 7601” in the bottom-right corner of the desktop.
- This makes your system bit slower.
- This popup error is very annoying and will disturb your during the work.
Ways to fix This Copy of Windows is not Genuine Error
So as we said above this post is specially written for the Windows 7 Ultimate and other editions, because the error comes in the startup of windows says this copy of windows is not genuine build 7601, so we get that the error is common in the build 7601. So today we have shared some methods that you can apply to fix the Windows 7 is not genuine error. I’d shared multiple methods because it’s not sure that anyone one could work for you so you can try with another method.
Fix #1: Uninstall Update KB971033 (Windows 7)
if you’re getting this copy of windows is not genuine error in the startup with the black screen then this method will help you to fix the issue permanently. When you’re using pirated Windows 7 then there will be one con of it, and that is when your PC connects to internet, then Windows 7 send some kind of information about your PC to Microsoft servers then, it will try to update your Windows to the newer version, during this process Windows is detected as a pirated because of Update KB971033.
So now you should get my point what I’m talking about. Umm if you want to get rid of this error then you must remove or uninstall the update KB971033 which identified your Windows 7 is pirated. So in this method, you need to find the update “KB971033 ” which is installed on our PC or not, if it’s not installed on your PC then you can skip this method otherwise follow below steps to uninstall update KB971033.
- First, open the Control Panel
- Then select the System and Security option
- On the left side, you’ll see an option “view installed update” click on it!
- Now find the update KB971033, and then right click on it and select Uninstall.
- Now this update will uninstall
- Then reboot your PC.
Hope you find the Update KB971033 in the installed updates windows and the error “this copy of windows is not genuine” has gone. The error still comes? Keep reading other methods to fix it.
Fix #2: Run “SLMGR -REARM” Command For Windows is not genuine
If above method doesn’t work for you, don’t worry try this method all you need to do is open Command prompt and run a command that may help you to fix this copy of windows 7 not genuine. This command will fix the error actually, the command is “SLMGR -REARM”
- SLMGR: It’s a tool that manages Windows Software license.
- REARM: It’s a command that resets the license status of any Windows machine.
To Fix this error follow below steps.
- Open Start menu and search for CMD then, right click on it and select “Run as administrator“
- Now you can see the command prompt windows now type SLMGR -REARM
- Once you entered the command hit enter!
- Then you’ll see popup windows ask you to restart your PC.
- Simply click OK to restart your PC
Once your PC is rebooted and Windows gonna boot now you’ll no longer get the windows not genuine error with black background screen.
Note: Sometimes this command may not work in Windows 7 Ultimate and other edition then you need to try this method with this command: SLMGR /REARM
If this method didn’t work then don’t hesitate we still have few more methods to fix Windows 7 not genuine error.
Fix #3: Turn Off Windows Updates
The major problem in Windows operating system is its Update manager, this will automatically start downloading updates without our permission, it will create problems for you when you’re using the pirated Windows. Once your Windows 7 is get updated then, there some security update like KB971033 that detects the license status of your Windows and they will start showing you the message “this copy of Windows is not genuine” in the startup of Windows after Welcome screen.
So make sure your Windows Updated must be disabled when you’re using the pirated Windows 7 otherwise it will cause Windows 7 Genuine error. To turn off automatic Windows updated, follow steps.
- Go to Start Menu >> Open Control Panel
- Now click on Wind0ws Updates.
- Then click on Install Updates Automatically (Recommended) option
- Now from the options, select “Never Check for Updates (Not Recommended)”
- And now you’re Windows will never update itself and will never cause Windows is not genuine error 🙂
So this is also a very easy method to fix Genuine error in Windows 7. Hope now your problem should be solved, if not? then try another method.
Fix #4 Resultant Set of Policy Window
This is another method that you can try to fix Windows is not genuine error, this method is long but will fix this error. All you need to do is Start the “Plug and Play” service. To do this, follow steps.
- Open Run (Press Win + R) then type rsop.msc in Run box
- Now Resultant Set of Policy Window should open, head over to
- Windows Settings >> Security Settings >> System Services.
- Now find the Service name “Plug and Play” and right click on it
- Then set this service to Automatic from startup options.
- After this again open RUN (Win + R) and this time type- update /force and hit enter!
- Now restart your PC.
After your PC is boot now the error should be gone and you no longer see this genuine error on the startup of Windows. If it still occurring try the last method.
Fix #5: Solve Windows 7 is not Genuine Error
So this is the last hope to fix this copy is not genuine error. If you’ve purchased the Windows 7 Laptop or PC in which Windows 7 comes pre-installed in it, then you can reinstall this Windows if you get the original Windows installation disc, and you need to do is install fresh Windows and at time of entering Product key, If you Laptop comes with Windows 7 pre-installed then the key should be bottom your Laptop behind the Battery Slot of your laptop, Tilt your Laptop and you’ll get the Product key of Windows 7 of the edition that came with your Laptop.
Type the key and follow the on-screen instructions after 10-15 minutes your Windows 7 is will be installed and you’ll no longer see the Windows not genuine error in the startup with the black screen.
Disclaimer: We do not support anyone to distribution, creation and usage of any pirated stuff. This article is only for the educational purpose for students who are using Windows 7 for their local projects, and we respect the developed. We don’t hold any claim for the usage of above methods mentioned in this article.
How To Prevent this error to occur again in future?
After reading this article you got some methods to fix error “this copy of windows is not genuine” and you’ve been fixed it. So you should have the question “will it occur again in future?” or “my windows is will again become ungenuine?”
So my answer us Yes! because this error may come again, to prevent it, all you need to do is just turn off your Windows automatic updates before connecting your PC to the internet and that’s it you’ll never get this issue again in future 🙂
To avoid this trouble permanently, we not supported any pirated version of Windows or anything we respect the hard work of developers so. If you agree with me then you can purchase the official Windows 7 Genuine copy it will be genuine forever.
So these are the super easy methods to fix the Windows is not genuine error, hope your problem has been solved, as these methods are highly recommended to try before reinstalling Windows 7 again, these methods are easy to try and not harm your PC at all. If you’re still getting the same error then do let us know in comments, and if you’re gonna hit back button don’t forget to share this post and subscribe to our blog, your this small step will help me a lot to write more useful articles 😀 thanks!!